Lifestyle

Houseplant Tour

House Plant Tour.jpg

I’m no plant expert, but I definitely love my little plants!

Ok, some are not so little, but you get the idea! Watch the full video tour HERE.

flf leaf

fiddle leaf fig

My fiddle leaf fig is my newest addition. He’s definitely got some browning on a few of the leaves. Poor little Phil! But I think that’s mainly the after effects of bringing him home while it was snowing outside! But hopefully with some tender care he’ll be good as new in a few months.

palm closeup

Our living room is definitely a high traffic area for our 4 kiddos, but we love having plants around to liven up our minimalist decor.

palm

Water Avocado

Β Did you know you can actually grow your own tree from the leftover seed in your avocado?

Just poke 3 little toothpicks into the seed around it’s middle, and suspend it over a cup. Keep the base of the seed touching water and in a few weeks you’ll start to see the seed crack and roots begin!

pineapple

Another really fun one to grow your self is a pineapple plant. Just save the top of your next pineapple and remove any remaining yellow fruit. Peel back some of the leaves at the bottom, and put it in a shallow dish of water. After a few weeks roots will develop and you can plant once their about an inch long!olive

Meet Oliver! He’s the most petit of the group, but someday he will be a mighty olive tree!

Aloe

Aloe is a fast favorite in this house.

We are constantly trimming them and using them on scrapes and burns.

Β Mother in laws tonge

Mother-In-Law’s Tongue is a perfect air filtering plant. These remove Formaldehyde, Benzene, carbon monoxide, and actually quite a few more! NASA did a study on air filtering plants and these were among the top!

SucculentSmall but mighty!

These were just a few- make sure and watch my full Houseplant Tour video to see them all!

xoxo Brittany

Advertisements

You Might Also Like

8 Comments

Jessie
    March 5, 2018 at 8:49 am

The new blog looks great! Loved watching the plant tour. I’m trying to incorporate some more plants into our decor but I’m definitely not a green thumb! I’m on my 5th svocado seed πŸ™ˆ I just can’t seem to get them to grow! πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™€οΈ lol but I’m trying! Thanks for the inspiration 🌡🌱🌿

naturallythriftymom
      March 5, 2018 at 9:01 pm

Aw thanks! I’m glad you like the new blog! I’m really excited to share more in photos and fun bloggy stuff. πŸ˜‰ But don’t fret about the avocados! My advice would be to start like 5 seeds at once, and keep them on a window sill. It can take quite a bit of time for some of the seeds to sprout, but out of 5 more you should be able get one to sprout eventually. Just make sure they have water touching the bottom of the seed and it’s staying clean. Then just hold the course! πŸ™‚

Jamie Lyn Saravia
    March 16, 2018 at 8:05 pm

I love the new blog! I am just getting more plants again. We moved and I gave the ones I had away. I love aloe too definitely a fave with our family. I heard the mother in laws tongue was a great air purifier too. I want to get some lavender this season for my room, I heard it helps you sleep better at night and purifies the air as well. The succulents seem to be a big deal lately too, they are so neat! Thanks for sharing with us.

naturallythriftymom
      March 19, 2018 at 8:31 pm

Yes it is! I think NASA rated it in it’s list of top 12 air purifying plants actually… And I hadn’t thought about having lavender for my room. You mean like a potted plant of it? I wonder if it would get enough sun in here though… But that would be amazing!

Bre-Ana Brown
    March 19, 2018 at 11:44 am

I loved this video cant wait to figure out places in our home for new plants. I might be needing yiir help to find ones i cant kill! Haha

naturallythriftymom
      March 19, 2018 at 8:24 pm

Hahaha Well start with the snake plant! Those are super hard to kill!! πŸ˜‰

Ashley B.
    March 25, 2018 at 8:00 pm

Your plants look SO much happier than mine! πŸ™ haha tell me your secrets!

naturallythriftymom
      March 26, 2018 at 6:10 pm

Good sun & don’t overwater!