- 2 Tbsp Better Than Bouillon
- 4 Cups Water
- 1 Package Dried Mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup vegan butter (I use Earth Balance)
- 8-16oz fresh mushrooms (I use 1 lb but if you prefer less mushroom to rice ratio then you can do less.)
- 1 Large Onion
- 2 Cloves garlic
- Ground Pepper
- 1½ cup Arborio rice
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp miso paste
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar (Or white wine)
- ¼ cup vegan parmesan
- Coconut cream (Add a scoop, or the whole can!)
- Italian Parsley
- Combine 4 cups water and dehydrated mushrooms with bouillon in a glass bowl. Microwave for 5 minutes.
- While that cooks, heat up your Instant Pot by pressing ‘saute’ and slice your fresh mushrooms.
- Add oil and butter to pot and saute mushrooms for about 10 minutes. Chop onion while mushrooms saute.
- Remove bowl of re-hydrated mushrooms from microwave and scoop mushrooms onto cutting board. Finely chop mushrooms and add to Instant Pot.
- Add chopped onion to pot and saute till transluscent.
- Add risotto rice, stir till it begins to brown- but not burn or stick.
- Stir in soy sauce and miso. Then deglaze pot with white wine vinegar.
- Add broth from mushrooms and ensure there are no browned bits stuck to the bottom of your pot. Stir well.
- Close lid and set valve to ‘sealing’.
- ‘Pressure Cook’ for 5 minutes.
- While pot is cooking, chop parsley.
- Once timer goes off, stand back and do a quick release of the steam.
- Once pressure valve drops, open pot and stir till rice becomes creamy. (About 3 minutes)
- Add vegan parmesan, pepper, coconut cream, and parsley.
- Serve and enjoy!
This is seriously a MUST TRY recipe you guys! Even for the kids. My 3 and 4 year old have given their stamps of approval.
If you try it, make sure to tag me on Instagram @_naturallybrittany_
And if you’re looking for more easy Instant Pot Dinner Recipes, then make sure to check out my new ebook- Instant Dinners!
Thanks for reading and we’ll chat soon,