When it comes to easy snacks for a quick grab-and-go, bars definitely top my list. But I’ve never come across a recipe as delicious as this one! These bars are soft and chewy, and the chocolate chips make them such a favorite. My favorite part about these homemade granola bars is that the recipe is no-bake! So it’s not even going to heat up the house. You’ve GOT to try it!
Homemade No-Bake Chocolate Chip Granola Bars
6 Tbsp Butter or Coconut Oil
3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
1/3 Cup Honey
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 Cups 1 Minute Oats
1 1/2 Cups Rice Crispies Cereal
2 Tbsp Flax Seed
1-2 Cups Chocolate Chips (Save some for toppings)
- Heat butter, brown sugar, and honey for 60 seconds in microwave.
- Stir well, then back into the microwave for 60-90 seconds. Add vanilla.
- In large mixing bowl, mix oats, cereal, flax, and mix well.
- Fold wet ingredients into the mixing bowl ingredients.
- Once slightly cooled, add chocolate chips and mix well.
- Line a baking dish with parchment paper, and pour granola mixture into dish.
- Coat fingers with butter / coconut oil and use fingers to flatten and press mixture down firmly. VERY IMPORTANT SO THEY DON’T CRUMBLE!
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips or your favorite toppings.
- Place dish in refrigerator for 2 hours, then slice and enjoy!